Welcome to the nearest ten thousandth, our article which shows you the rounding of numbers to the nearest 10000th, along with lots of examples. Right below this you can find our rounding calculator.
Round to the Nearest Ten Thousandth Calculator
Start by filling in your particular number. After that press the “round” button. Optionally, you have the opportunity to change the (normal) round mode to round down or round up, as detailed a few lines further below.
Where is the Ten Thousandths’ Place?
The nearest ten thousandth of a decimal number is the value four places to the right of the decimal point once it has been rounded depending on the value of the hundred thousandth’ place which is located five places to the right of the decimal point.
Some rounded numbers include, for example:
11.23326 → 11.2333
86.69466 → 86.6947
28.204101 → 28.2041
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the ten thousands? Ten-thousandths are the digits four places after the decimal point.
- How do you round to the ten thousands? If the hundred thousandths’ digit is between 5 and 9, the number in the ten thousandth’s place will be increased by 1 and all the remaining digits to the right are dropped. If the hundred thousandths’ digit is between 0 and 4, simply truncate all decimal places after the 4th place right of the decimal separator.
- What comes after the ten thousandth’s place? The hundred thousandth’s place as discussed in this article.
- How would I round down to the nearest ten thousandth? Simply drop all the the numbers after the fourth place to the right of the decimal point.
- How do I round up to the nearest ten thousandth? Increase the value of the ten thousandth’s place by 1, and drop the the digits after the fourth place to the right of the decimal point.
How to Round to the Nearest Ten Thousandth?
To round a decimal number to the nearest ten thousandth, check the value of its hundred thousandths. If the value is equal to 5 or greater, increase the value in the ten thousandth’s place by 1 and then remove all digits to the right after the 4th decimal place. If the value is equal to 4 or less, simply remove all the digits to the right after the fourth decimal place.
- 6.35155: The hundred thousandths’ value is 5, so we round up: 6.35155 → 6.3516
- 9.32921: The hundred thousandths’ value is 1, so we round down: 9.32921 → 9.3292
- 5.76390: Except removing the trailing zero, nothing to be done, the hundred thousandths’ value is 0: 5.76390 → 5.7639
In the table below you can find some numbers rounded to nearest 10000th.
|Number||Rounded to Nearest 10000th|
If it remains unclear why a certain number in this table has been rounded up or down, make use of the comment form at the bottom. We will publish the answer as soon as possible.
Round up to the Nearest Ten Thousandth
If the hundred thousandth’s value of a certain number is >= 5, then, according to general rounding rules, you round up to the nearest 10000th. However, the term round up to the nearest 10000th means that all hundred thousandth’s in between 1 and 9 are rounded up by adding 1 to the value in the ten thousandth’s place, and then removing all digits to the right after the fourth place.
Round Down to the Nearest Ten Thousandth
If the hundred thousandth’s value of a certain number is < 5, then, according to general rounding rules, you round down to the nearest 10000th. However, the term round down to the nearest 10000th means that all hundred thousandth’s in between 1 and 9 are rounded down by removing all the digits to the right after the fourth decimal place.
Be sure to understand this: a rounded number has always the same value as the initial number you started with, but its value is less exact.
Here you can learn how to round to the nearest hundred thousandth.
If our information has been helpful to you, then you may also be interested in our other sites in the “recommend” section in the sidebar of the front page. Don’t forget share our content with your friends.
Thanks for visiting nearesttenth.com.